Classic Kenya Horizons Safari
|Day 1||Nairobi||Intercontinental HoteL||BB||Arrival transfer|
|Day 2||Samburu||Ashnil Samburu Camp||FB||PM game drive|
|Day 3||Samburu||Ashnil Samburu Camp||FB||AM & PM game drives|
|Day 4||Nakuru||Sarova Lion Hill Camp||FB||PM game drive|
|Day 5||Mara||Ashnil Mara Camp||FB||PM game drive|
|Day 5||Mara||Ashnil Mara Camp||FB||AM & PM game drives|
|Day 7||Departure||AM game drive|
Our Classic Kenya Horizons Safari itinerary showcases the premier national parks and reserves with daily game drives and numerous opportunities to explore Africa’s beauty. You will achieve an up-close and personal experience of the land, wildlife, cultural diversity, and rich history this continent has to offer.
7 Days & 6 nights
Guaranteed departure on shared basis / seat in safari
Travel in comfort across the African terrain in customized 4x4 land cruiser with a dedicated, highly experienced driver / guide.
- Transport in a 4x4 land crusier.
- Tour will depart even with 2 pax.
Day 1 (Tuesday)
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, you will be met by a representative from CapeTravelOnline who will greet you and assist with the transfer to the Intercontinental Hotel for overnight.
Intercontinental Hotelbr /> MEAL PLAN
Bed and Breakfast
Day 2 & 3 (Friday & Saturday)
SAMBURU GAME RESERVE
After breakfast, drive north via Nanyuki to the Samburu National Reserve.
Arrive for lunch at your camp followed by an afternoon game drive. Later as the sun sets, you will be transferred back to your camp for dinner and overnight. You will have one more day of game viewing with all meals and overnight included.
The reserve is rich in wildlife with an abundance of rare northern specialist species such as the Grevy’s zebra, Somali ostrich, reticulated giraffe, gerenuk and the Beisa oryx (also referred to as Samburu Special Five).
Ashnil Samburu Camp
Day 4 (Sunday)
LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK
Continue with your journey this morning as you drive to Lake Nakuru National Park. The park boasts a huge variety of animals, including leopard which is often found snoozing on the branches of the magnificent yellow-barked acacias, lion, buffalo, hippo, waterbuck, warthog, baboon, the endangered Rothschild’s giraffe only found in this park in Kenya, white rhino and the rare black rhino which is protected and guarded here.
Sarova Lion Hill Lodge
DAY 5 & 6 (Monday & Tuesday)
MAASAI GAME RESERVE
Your journey now takes you to the Maasai Mara, Kenya’s most famous wildlife reserve. Arrive and embark on a game viewing drive before later being transferred to your camp for dinner and overnight.
The Maasai Mara is arguably Kenya’s most popular game reserve. It is most famous and most visited game reserve in Kenya. The film “Out of Africa” was made to a great extent in this sanctuary. There is a profusion of all types of wildlife including the big five. A spectacle worth seeing is the annual migration of millions of wildebeests, zebras, and the gazelles from the Serengeti plains across the Tanzania border and the Mara River to reach Maasai Mara grazing fields from late June. The game reserve abounds with birdlife since close to about four hundred and fifty two odd species have been recorded.
Spend the next day on a full day game viewing drive.
Ashnil Mara Camp
Day 7 (Wednesday)
After breakfast at the camp, bid farewell to the Masai Mara as you set on your journey back to Nairobi. Drive back down the Great Rift Valley to Nairobi, passing the dormant volcano, Mount Longonot, and lakes Elementaita and Naivasha on the way. Keep an eye out for herds of giraffe and gazelle and head up the escarpment.
You will arrive in Kenya's bustling capital city Nairobi in the early afternoon where you will be transferred to the Jomo Kenyatta International airport for your departure flight back home.
- Superior accommodation throughout the tour.
- Meals as stipulated on the itinerary.
- Transportation 4 x 4 land cruiser in a pop up roof for game viewing & photography on shared basis.
- Services of an English speaking driver-guide.
- All parks entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
- Beach stay on All Inclusive at Voyager Beach Resort (non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages (local brands), windsurfing, sailing, volleyball, lawn tennis, aqua cycles, glass bottom Pedaloes sand canoe of board games.
- All Government taxes and levies.
- All meet and greet services.
- 24 hours stand-by contact number.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Two-way long range high frequency radio communication in each vehicle.
- On safari accessories in each vehicle:
- First-aid kit, wildlife books, a pair of binoculars, cool box and fire extinguisher.
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- International flight and departure taxes.
- Laundry services.
- Any other item(s) not included in our itinerary.
- Visa fees
- Excursions while on safari & in Mombasa